Thursday, November 15, 2018

"Can You Believe It? Songs of Truth" DVD Review

Chances are you know a few of the worship songs on this DVD geared towards kids. Songs such as Who You Say I Am, What A Beautiful Name. This DVD by Hillsong Kids starts out with a video that has a little bit of teaching done in a fun way by Funny Man Dan to engage kids. I really liked that about this specific DVD because the whole concept is both a challenge and a question. A few of the topics discussed in the video are God, the Bible and living your life for God. The entire message is relayed in a way that kids can understand and have fun learning at the same time.

The music videos have lyrics and I can see that as very beneficial to the older kids that can read as this allows them to sing along. The video also contains a few videos that were done live in the studio as well as a few jokes and a peek at behind the scenes.

I had planned on using this in my Pre-K class, but while the music is great for them, I feel like the video itself is geared more toward school age kids and will maybe use it at some point while teaching older kids in Children's Chapel.

Overall, I really liked this DVD! The songs are amazing and catchy, kids are given the opportunity to learn about God in a fun, engaging way and the videos are super cute! This is a great Christian DVD to own and I am glad that I got the opportunity to review it and give my opinion for others that might be considering purchasing for use. It will not disappoint and kids will love it. Having worked with kids in different age groups, I have found that they all love to learn through music. It's fun for the adults, too!

You can buy your own copy @ http://hllsng.co/canyoubelieveit?IQid=blog






No comments:

Post a Comment